The Center for Excellence in Primary Care (CEPC) is pleased to announce an open enrollment health coach training on August 23-24, 2017, in San Francisco, California.
Health coaching is a patient-centered process that promotes longitudinal, relationship-based interactions with patients to engage them in their own care. Health Coaching helps patients build the knowledge, skills, and confidence required to manage their chronic conditions and improve their health. Health coaches empower patients to share in decision making during clinical encounters and to engage in self-management activities in the environments where they spend most of their time, such as home, work, and school.
Cost: $1100 per person, inclusive of meals and materials.
Registration: THIS TRAINING HAS REACHED CAPACITY. PLEASE CHECK BACK IN THE FALL FOR FUTURE OPEN ENROLLMENT DATES.
Training Location: UCSF Millberry Union East
500 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143
Training Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Training Overview (subject to change):
- Welcome and introductory activities
- Introduction to health coaching
- Collaborating with patients
- Closing the Loop
- Basics of Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
- ABCS of Cardiovascular Risk Reduction and Medications
- Know Your Numbers
- Day Review
- Day 1 Review
- Medications for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
- Medication Reconciliation
- Medication Adherence
- Collaborating with Patients
- Setting the agenda
- Action Plans
- Small Group Theater
- Day 2 Review